Grapefruit and Peach Salad
|A cool, refreshing fruit salad for those typical hot summer days.|
So if it isn't obvious yet......I LIKE SALAD. (And then putting that salad in the hollowed out skin of the fruit or vegetable apparently.)
(makes 2 servings)
1 pink grapefruit
3 small peaches
about 3-4 mint leaves
2 tablespoons honey
1. Over a small bowl to catch the juice, cut the grapefruit in half and then very carefully (and patiently) remove the grapefruit segments from the membrane. Place the grapefruit into a another bowl.
2. Once all the grapefruit is removed, squeeze the grapefruit halves over your small bowl to collect all the juice. (Depending on how much your squeeze the grapefruit halves, you're going to have more than enough juice.)
3. Next, remove the skin and pits from your peaches and slice them. Add them to your bowl of grapefruit.
4. Now cut your mint leaves (or just tear them into smaller pieces with your hands) and add them to the grapefruit and peach mixture.
5. Add 2 tablespoons (or as much as you like) of honey to the grapefruit juice you collected in your small bowl and stir. Pour that mixture over you grapefruit, peaches, and mint. Stir.
6. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator to give the fruit time to absorb all the juices. (I let mine chill for about 15 minutes, or until I was finished watching Modern Family.)
7. And serve!